Monday, March 31, 2008

Day Old Baby Chicks

I wanted to share some pictures of our new baby chicks, we have 11 little fluffy chicks right now and we are waiting to see if anymore will hatch later today and tonight. there are 10 eggs unhatched right now.
I really lost count somehow, I thought we only had 18 eggs in the incubator but it turns out we had 21!
Here is one of the chicks in my daughters hand

They are very clumsy and will run right over top anyone in their way!

They take frequent little naps all day

and they love to cuddle with each other!
This has been such a wonderful experience, we have raised chicks in the past that we bought from a hatchery but, this is the first time we hatched our own!
Ryan loved every bit of it and was amazed to actually see the hatching!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

I have raised them from chicks before, but never hatched them. It would be an amazing experience. I'm sure my son (age 8) would love it too!

Loretta said...

looks like you have been really busy ann. looks like ryan had a lot of fun on the skid steer. the chicks, (or birds as ryan would say *grin*) are of course adorable.

Julia Erickson said...

Wow, my kids would love to hatch chicks. I have to read more about how you did that.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Annie...they are adorable! I have been sharing the progress of your eggs/chicks with my kids and they are fascinated! Thanks again...

On my Friday post I will be having a 200th post giveaway so make sure you stop by!
Blessings,
Robin

Patty said...

Baby chicks are so cute. We hatched them out many times when the children were small and it was a miracle right before their eyes.
Time for me to get some more chicks this week, our first batch is out on their own now. We buy them hatched now, but maybe at some point I will try the incubator again : )

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so excited to find your blog. I have an incubator with 35 eggs in it. I just removed the automatic turner and they should begin to hatch Saturday. I sure hope we have good luck. Keep writing and sharing.

Carol Ann