Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring around the Homestead

Lilacs, My favorite flower
One of my flower beds
Tulips, we have several beds of these pretty spring flowers!


This is my favorite time of year, this is the time when life renews itself and beauty emerges from every direction. We have been busy building our garden beds and cleaning up the flower beds and many areas around the barn. The chickens and turkeys have been enjoying the nice weather and being outside.
down by our little pond you can hear the frogs singing in the evening and the bats have been flying around!
I love this time of year with all its wonderful smells and beautiful sights!


6 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

YOur pictures are sooooooo beautiful! The flowers. . . .!!!!
I grew up in New Jersey with HUGE lilac bushes, forsythias, tulips, etc. I miss those so much down here in Florida. It just isn't the same.

Your pictures today brought back lots of memories! Thanks so much!

Cora

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Annie...Lilacs are my very favorite too...how Blessed you are to have some!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What lovely gardens you have! Do you know that I don't have one tulip in my entire flower collection? What was I thinking? I definately need to remedy that. And while I'm at it, I need a lilac too!

Smiles,
Lea

Peggy said...

lilacs are my very favorite flower but they don't grow very well in eastern NC. I am going to try again as I miss having one outside my bedroom window.

joyh82 said...

Beautiful flowers. Love your little bird feeder too.

Hannah said...

How lovely! What a sign of spring. Lilacs are one of my favorites, too.