Monday, May 12, 2008

Garden update

The Garden has started growing! We have battled very rainy weather for many weeks now though and that has us behind on many projects but, so far we have growing in our garden;

Broccoli and Brussel sprouts
The potatoes have been growing at very fast rates, we have already covered them with dirt and compost twice and they need it again!
Spinach, Swiss chard and peas.
We have also planted Strawberries and we have tomatoes, peppers and cucumber seedlings ready to go in.
I also have Dill, Summer savory, Thyme, chives, peppermint, apple mint, sweet basil, lemon balm and lemon verbena growing strong.
I hope to get some other items in the garden this week like bush beans, squash, melons and nasturtiums... that is if we have a day without rain!
As far as flowers we have planted, columbine, sweet William, Geraniums, pansies, violas, snap dragons, begonias, Aster, black eyed Susan's, Petunia, Nicotania,vinca,Salvia, Moon flower vine and a beautiful fragrant purple flower that no one could tell me what its name is!
I will try to post more pics of the wonderful plants growing later this week!

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh I am so happy for you. Your garden is delightful. I'm afraid that my experimental plot is not faring so well. I knew not to expect much but I am so hoping that we'll have a better plot ready for next spring.

I can hardly wait for harvest time!

Smiles,
Lea