Thursday, May 29, 2008

Picking Strawberries!

We went to a local pick your own farm today and picked Strawberries!

This is my lonely strawberry from my own plant, so this is why we went the PYO farm for more!

My Mom and Ryan picking strawberries



A unique looking strawberry, doesn't it resemble a flower?

Ryan and myself picking berries

We picked 16 lbs of strawberries, 10 lbs are what I am going to make jam with and freeze for smoothies and other recipes!
We did enjoy fresh strawberry shortcake for desert tonight!

My Mom and I with our berries!
And these lovely ladies paid for our berries! We sold these 4 pretty poults last night and used the money from them to pay for the strawberries and the sugar for the Jam I am making!
We had a great day with beautiful sunshine and warm but not hot temperatures, there was a light breeze blowing and this made picking the strawberries very enjoyable, I really liked the time with my Mom, having nice little conversations while picking berries and Ryan had a great time! he was still talking about it long after we got home.
Now it is time to get busy making all that yummy jam for this winter!



2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

We can't pick for weeks yet - now I can't wait! You'll have to share your jam recipe!

hugs, linda

joyh82 said...

Wow, 16 lbs! that is great. We love strawberries. They are so expensive this year too.