Friday, June 13, 2008

The Garden is Growing!

The garden is growing very well, we had a heat wave come through early this year with 100 degree temps so now I don't have any more spinach but everything else is growing great!


Tomatoes

Flowers on the Tomato plants

Peas

Potatoes in the front and Broccoli in the back

Broccoli

Zucchini

Cucumbers

Chives and English Thyme

Herbs in containers.... Mint, Dill, Summer Savory and more Thyme.

Sweet Basil, Lemon Balm and Coleus

I planted 52 seeds of bush beans but only 5 have germinated, I'm not sure what I did wrong... we had ALOT of rain though and I think that might have been part of the problem. The Spinach bolted and now I have to do some research to see what I can plant in its place!
Everything that I have growing right now, I started from seed!
To me it is exciting to watch my garden grow and I enjoy the time I spend with all the plants, there is just something very therapeutic about working in the garden!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

My bush beans didn't grow at all. Must of just been a bad year for the beans. It's a little disappointing but hopefully next year will be better.

joyh82 said...

You have a big garden there. I bet you are glad you planted all those maters...we are. We tied plants last week. My dh is a big gardener.

Peggy said...

beautiful garden! shows all your hard work and thoughts of a full tummy this winter.