Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thief in the hen house!

When I went into the chicken coop tonight to collect eggs and secure the chickens....I found a thief!

All curled up in one of the nest boxes, caught red handed!
He had several big bulges in his belly and yolk dripping from his mouth!

I called Alan down to the barn to apprehend the felon

court was held, the jury... Robin and Myself voted for execution but the high court... Alan, ruled against us and decided that this egg bandit should be banished from the land and so Alan took the snake in custody... inside of a cooler, to a land far, far away... well, actually about five miles down the road and released him.
I hope that is the last we see of him!
No chickens were harmed, just robbed or their eggs!!!



7 comments:

Stacie said...

eekk...that is one big snake!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Oh no...egg stealer! I hate snakes.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I am with the others...EEEEKKKK!!!! Can't say I would have been calm about it either. I am certainly glad we don't hve snakes like tht in our neck of the woods.

Mary

Nancy M. said...

I really hope I never find that in my chicken coop! I may have a heart attack!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Well Alan is a much kinder and gentler soul than I. I met 2 of that fellas relative this past week who have yet to be seen after their encounter with me!

Smiles,
Lea

GranthamLynn said...

My cowboy would have heard me clear across the county. EEEK! Thank goodness he was only after eggs. But he would have given me heart failure! I love your blog. Glad I found you today.
Smiles,
Sherry

joyh82 said...

Yikes I would have freaked out for sure!